Sunday, March 21, 2010

A memory from Senior Prom Weekend

A while back, List of the Day had a post which included the prom pictures of many of his readers. I did not submit a photo for this list.

Woodwoman, however, specifically requested that I submit "a pic from that era, at the very least..."

Never wanting to disappoint, and always willing to do the very least, that is the purpose of this post.

I can't post a picture of myself at the prom, because I didn't go to the prom. Instead, I was at a North American Series Frisbee tournament in Dallas.


While, technically, I was in college when the following photo was taken, this is what I was doing during the weekend of my Senior Prom:


My mother's reaction to seeing her loving son featured in the local newspaper?

"Your feet sure are dirty!"

13 comments:

Kate said...

Look at that guy with his Daisy Dukes on!

Bev said...

OMG. Frank, that is the greatest photo EVER.

The hair. The glasses. The impossibly-positioned leg and contorted foot. It's all... just so... perfect!

Love it!

Frank Irwin said...

Thanks, ladies!

I kinda like the fact that my t-shirt has Joe Cool playing Frisbee, as well.

Connie said...

Great catch! Nice picture, Frank. :-)

Heidi Renée said...

Jazz hands!

onebadmamajama said...

Bev said it best, so I'll just add Bravo!

I can totally relate to where you mom was coming from, BTW lol

MtnMama said...

The closest I ever came to that was that I always taught my dogs to play frisbee, and a few of them could pretzel themselves into similar poses. For me, it was an opportunity to hang out at the park. Good job on finding a picture that shows an era so clearly!

Mala said...

Can you do a 'then and now' picture? Start warming up and I'll go get a frisbee and a pair of scissors.

Frank Irwin said...

No need for the scissors, Mala, I still wear those shorts.

murphstahoe said...

what Bev said

T-Ro said...

Look at Frank with the barefoot frisbee love!!

w/v: aucim!!

Indeed

Samsmama said...

Ahahaha!!! How in the world did I miss this? Oh, that is just too groovy!

Frank Irwin said...

Welcome to the party, Smama. I hope that you brought chips. We seem to have run out.