Thursday, May 14, 2009

My DinnerLunch with AndreSteph

Since I'm in Houston for a few days, I decided to try to meet Steph. We had lunch today, and you can read all about it over on her blog.































































HAHAHAHAHHA! Yeah, you're right. I suck. I hate it when I do that. I'm such a tease.

I'll warn you in advance, though, that I don't have any pictures of the festivities, as the strip bar where we met (Steph couldn't get off of work) didn't allow photography.

So, as I was saying, Steph and I made lunch plans for today. Being the smart guy that he is (heck, he married Steph, so we know he's pretty bright, right?), Whitey decided to join us, bringing the ever-so-cute Tricia.

They were at a table in the back when I walked in (Steph looks just like she does in her vlog!), and as I walked up to them, one thing became apparent: Steph is mondo fast, and accurate, with a can of mace. The good news was that, after the burning went away (about 30 minutes later), Steph apologized profusely and explained that she had thought that I was Cary.

Steph ordered a chimichanga, I ordered a sope and a gordita, and Whitey ordered chicken nuggets and fries for himself and Tricia, since that was something that he could pronounce. ("Now you see why I call him Whitey," said Steph.) All of the food was pronounced yummy'licious.

In person, Steph talks just like she does on her blog. Well, almost. When I pulled out my Sharpie to complete the vlog experience by writing on her forehead, she reached for the mace, so I decided that maybe I'd forego the complete experience.

We talked about blogs (hers and mine), families (hers and mine) and ex-girlfriends (hers and mine). We also laughed and laughed and laughed about some of our blogging friends, so if your ears were burning between 11am and noon (CDT) today, now you know why.

All good things must come to an end, and Steph and Whitey had things to do, so we paid our bills and parted ways. It was a good time...


(No wine or tacos were harmed in the creation of this blog.)

13 comments:

Steph said...

You wrote this better than I ever could have.

Also? I'm REALLY sorry about that one guy that SWORE you were his lapdancer from the night before. That was so weird how he was all, "Hey, baby! I need another lapdance just like you gave me last night! I don't care about your beard, honey, because you are SO FORKING HAWT." I mean, if I didn't know better, I'd have really thought he knew WTF he was saying. So weird. (Also, it was kind of crazy how he looked JUST LIKE Clayopie.)

And? We need to do something like this again - when I can force the older children to babysit Tricia. Because I was the saddest clown ever that we had to bail so quickly, especially since that Clayopie lookalike was feeling all free with the $20s.

Samsmama said...

This is 100 different kinds of awesome. I'm so jealous. Steph and I have been emailing and she's been telling me about it. I seriously cannot believe you tried to slip something into her drink. She was wise to bring Whitey along. And? She said you got up to go to the bathroom and never returned, leaving her to pick up the tab.

Bev said...

OMG! You two have me dying here!!! Hi-freakin-larious! I'm glad you got a chance to meet. Steph, I totally don't blame you for bringing along some muscle. IF I consent to see The Frank at the end of the month, I'm bringing along some protection, too: Mala. She may look nice, but she's a pitbull, so watch yerself!

Unlike you two, I'll bring my camera. It's what I do. But don't get your hopes up, Frankie boy... no nudey pics (of us girls, anyway)!

Frank Irwin said...

Yeah, Steph, that was a bit embarrassing, but only because the guy was right. I just didn't want to say anything in front of Whitey and Tricia.

True, Samsmama, I tried to slip a little something into her drink, and that's why I spent so much time in the bathroom. I was trying to get the salt from her margarita out of my zipper, so it (the zipper) wouldn't rust.

Kate said...

I am so lame (yes I actually said the word lame.) I completely fell for your little trick. I kept getting mad. I was all like, "I can't even leave a comment???"

Glad you guys have fun. I hate that I joined the game just in time for Steph's blog departure. Maybe sometime you can post a video of your mad lapdancing skillz.

Mala said...

It is I, the pant-wetting pitbull.
Fuck. I need to work on my reputation, for shizzel.

Sounds like a great date. Glad no duct tape and rope were required.

Frank Irwin said...

Kate, video doesn't do justice to my lapdancing skillz. You must experience it yourself.

Mala, "not required" doesn't mean "not used."

Mary said...

Oh Frank- you're soooooo funny! Jealous that you had lunch with Steph? Of course. I'm just glad you were at the strip club instead of at 'Bar'. I just couldn't have handled that.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! And I am way jealous. Sounds like you guys had a blast...I always knew Steph would be just like she is in her vlog. I don't know why...but something told me there was a high possibility of that.

Thanks for sharing your lunch fun with us! Who are you going to visit next? You can do this fun segment called "Where in the world is Frank?" you can give us clues by telling us about other bloggers you are going to visit.

What? This was a one time thing out of convenience? Not buying that.

Frank Irwin said...

LOL @ 'Bar', Mary. I'm saving that one for when I stalk, er, visit Samsmama.

That sounds like a good idea, Harmony, I have a lot of frequent flier miles to use before I expire.

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

yay! so glad you guys got the chance to meet!

i'm a leetle pissed about the lack of a pictures, but that's okay. i'll get over it.

since my husband thinks we're fucking anyway, look me up next time you're in DC!

oh, and it was more like soda and chimichangas as opposed to wine and tacos. ;)

jessica o said...

Steph, Frank, um, I'm in Dallas! What the Christ! It's only like a 4 hour tour away!

You better give me a heads up next time, and Frank and Whitey better play ping-pong with James or he'll lose his ever-loving mind. He prefers playing in short shorts and knee-hi socks, if that helps Frank.

Frank Irwin said...

That's right, Jess, only four hours away. So, where were you and your, um, I was going to say monkey face, until I looked closer at your avatar. Now I'm not sure what to say.