And brought to you by the letters B, J, and the number 69.
It was early in my relationship with TJ when she told me that she didn't like oral sex, either giving or receiving. This bummed me out a bit, because I enjoy oral sex, both receiving and giving, but I wasn't going to let it be a deal breaker.
More annoying, however, was TJ's haranguing about my low level of assertiveness. Yeah, yeah, I'm not the most assertive person in the world, but I don't need to be constantly reminded of it, and it was something I was working on.
So, one night, we're fooling around, and she says, "You're not very assertive."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well, if you were more assertive, you'd ask me for a blowjob."
"I'm not going to ask you to do something you don't like to do."
"Well, sometimes we do things we don't like for people that we care about."
"If you care enough about someone to do something for them which you don't like, you'll go ahead and do it, without making them ask you for it," I retorted. Well, ok, I didn't retort that, but I would have, if I was more, um, assertive. Instead, I just let it drop.
Some time later, TJ told me that if she were to get into a long-term relationship with someone, she would want to go to couples' counseling with them. I'm pretty easy-going (though some would say non-assertive), so I agreed. She wanted us to go to the counselor that she had been going to, since she met him in a movie theater.
Yes, that's right, a movie theater.
Some time before we had met, she was at a movie, and was crying at the end, as the lights were coming up. A guy who was sitting behind her put his hand on her shoulder, gave her his card, and told her that she could call him if she needed someone to talk to. I think he was just trying to pick her up, but what do I know. She started having counseling sessions with him.
This guy wasn't really a counselor, as he had no degree to say so, but at least he was up front about it, telling me that he's a "life coach." What bugged me more than anything was that most of "advice" came from people that he had seen on Oprah.
One of the things that the
How's that assertiveness thing working out for ya, there, hun?
In our final session with the
Well, if that's the kind of thing I have to do to make the relationship work, I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. This was an oral contract that I could agree to, so I did.
As we left that session, I had only one question left unanswered.
How much should I have tipped the
26 comments:
Seriously? She really started going to see this counselor/life coach guy because he handed her a card in the movie theater? HA HA HA HA HA HA! Oh my! :-D
Did she meet her gynecologist at the grocery store??
Frank, you are to be commended for respecting her and not asking for something that she told you she didn't like doing. It is unfair of women to expect men to read their minds.
And no a/c in Texas? Are you crazy?
"How's that assertiveness working out for you now, hun?" HA HA HA!!!
I know two "life coaches," and both of them have lives that are ten times more effed up than mine.
I met my urologist at a glory hole party.
Well, Daisy, we met because she was a friend of the daughter of a friend of my Mom. Mom's friend asked her daughter to call me, but she didn't want to, so TJ did. Evidently, that girl don't have a lick of sense. Heh.
She did, Kate! She met him in the frozen food aisle, which was probably a mistake, since she complained that he always had cold hands.
I don't drive the car in the summertime, which means I drive the truck about 8 months out of the year.
This "life coach" moved to Chicago to be with/marry some woman. Last I heard, he was back in Austin, alone.
Good idea, Cary, as I could use a good urologist. Preferably one with no teeth.
Ohhhhhhhhh!! Frank, your comment to Cary was, um, well, just yuck.
word verf: scrut
Doesn't that just sound nasty?
I fully expect the discourse between Cary and Frank to be of the highest caliber, and I, for one, am appalled. Just appalled.
Frank, sweetie, when you are ready to move to Colorado, you just let me know, k?
MtnMama, Cary and I work behind the scenes for weeks to get this repartee just right. I'm sorry if we've disappointed you in this case.
Colorado is tempting. I hear there's some good riding up there. ;-)
A little slippery sometimes, though!
Maybe I should put on the knobbies, then.
Good idea; I've heard that texture really improves the experience.
Frank, she wants to be spanked too. Trust me on this one.
T-Ro, I think you're correct, but that was 10 years ago, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
An oral contract to ask for BJs. Oh, the irony. I assert that you and I are alike in the non-assertive arena.
We're like Larry David. "I'm always available. Just tap me on the shoulder."
Supercynic is also The Daily Wit. I should just settle on one blogging name: The Daily Idiot.
Hah! I just figured that out, when I went to the supercynic blog.
Oh my, I don't even know where to start.
So the guy tried picking her up at the movies and she decides to bring her boyfriend along to discuss his assertiveness (or lack of) to get blowjobs. nice.
Hah! Nice observation, Mala!
She had been seeing him for a while before we met, though.
Man, I really need to come here more often.
That's what she said!
Sounds like you didn't get rid of that one soon enough. Women like her give the rest of us a bad name! Next time you see her out riding her bike somewhere, throw a stick in her spokes and tell her it's from me! lol
Mental note to self--never go to a dr. that Frank or Cary recommend;)
OBMJ, it wasn't too long after that session that I had had enough of her. I broke up with her two weeks after she threw a surprise 40th birthday party for me. :-D
And she would never go on a bike ride with me, either.
As Dan Savage says: Oral should come standard. Any model that does not include oral should immediately be returned to the lot. No questions asked.
THE END.
I'm not sure who Dan Savage is, but I like the way he thinks.
That's funny. I am not a fan of giving, but I prefer giving without being asked ... particularly since he say, "Will you kiss it?" every freaking time. Ginormous eye roll.
Hey, at least he's assertive!
Hahahahahahaha! AWESOME story.
Post a Comment