On a trip to Nebraska for a week of shows, Dave Carroll peered out of his airplane window and saw his guitar being thrown around by the baggage handlers. Surprisingly enough, the guitar was broken when he got to his destination. After nine months of getting the runaround from United Airlines, he came up with this song.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
"Well I won't say I'll never fly with you again
Cause maybe to save the world I probably would
But that won't likely happen
And if it did I wouldn't bring my luggage
Cause you'd just go and break it into a thousand pieces
Just like you broke my heart" ~ Awesome!
Very catchy song..I can't believe they didn't replace his guitar.
It's quite catchy, indeed! The chalk outline was a really nice touch.
Southwest jacked up Sam's stroller when he was 5 weeks old. They wouldn't do anything about it since it wasn't "packed properly".
Ha! I think my favorite were the indifferent stewardesses (as opposed to the less sexist flight attendants.)
Samsmama--how the hell do they expect you to pack a stroller??? All you do with the damn things is fold them up!
Kate, exactly! Nice little loop hole they found.
That was fun. I liked the open "casket" guitar case and the guys with the sombrero hats over their hearts.
HEY! A new post! Now, I gotta go watch the video LOL
You may have already seen it on my FB page, but it's worth a second look.
That was pure awesomeness, Frank! United is the devil, and I've flown with them enough to know! (Major player in Colorado, don't ya know.)
I love that he keeps saying "you should fix it" - yeah; it's not that bad things don't happen, but the indifference and the crazy run around are enough to make someone lose it. I'm impressed that he channelled his anger into such a fun, creative song & vid!
Boob Sweat - don't you know you are supposed to shove the stroller in the over head like every other ass hole flying on the plane.
I'm a fan of his band, and although it's not one of their "album songs", it's easily one of my favorites. It's a great way to get back at United and I hope the attention forces them to change some of their policies.
And as an added bonus, this video and the catchy song finally forced the images and sounds of the Evian roller babies out of my head.
I've got somethig for you over on my blog:)
That's terrific. I've flown United once in the last ten years, and they managed to suck even worse than American, which is saying something.
Post a Comment